4INFO is a leading multi-screen advertising and identity graph company, ingesting billions of ad requests on a daily basis. 4INFO uses patented technology to crunch this data and develop precise targeting, sales lift enablement, onboarding and other ID graph solutions for marketers. As the leader in sales lift measurement enablement of mobile ad campaigns, 4INFO has powered more than 200 measurement studies with impressive results, including a Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) averaging over 250%.
You will be joining the Product team as a data operations engineer to help out with various data exchange and transformation processes that are run in the company. Your job will be to perform the operations and decide when they need to be automated and either develop the automated processes yourself, or work with the engineering and operations team to deliver the results. In this capacity, you will be dealing with various types of data elements such as mobile and desktop devices, IP addresses, location data, points of interest data, mobile apps, household data, etc.
We are looking for a motivated software engineer with expertise in data operations functions while handling big data. The position reports to Sr. Director - Product Management, and is located in our San Mateo, CA office.
What you will do:
• Take ownership of ad hoc and regular data operations functions among various teams and with company partners
• Decide when an operation should be run ad hoc and when it should be automated
• Write monitoring systems (or plug into existing ones) to ensure the operations run smoothly
• Work on AWS, Google Cloud, and other related technology platforms
• Use SQL and other tools to perform basic data analysis
• Excellent data operations skills
• 1-3 years of work experience in managing large data systems
• Ability to move large chunks of data between various local and cloud storage solutions
• Ability to write jobs that can automate data movement processes
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• Excited to learn about and solve challenges in big data
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• 2 years of experience in Python
• 1 year of experience managing map-reduce code for 1B+ rows datasets
• 1 year of experience in AWS EC2/EMR and Google Cloud
• Rapid prototyping skills to develop tools that can help with the job
• Expertise in SQL, shell scripts
Industry: Marketing and Advertising Technology
Employment type: Full-time
Job function: Engineering
Marketing and Advertising • 51-200 employees • Founded 2004 • Privately Held
4INFO enables national brand advertisers, publishers and technology companies to reach audiences across screens with unprecedented scale and accuracy. With its mobile-first, cross-screen platform, 4INFO matches people to devices to precisely target consumers across 500+ million screens and reaches 95 percent of all U.S. mobile app users. Unlike other platforms that attempt to link data to devices using probabilistic methods, 4INFO’s patented methodology facilitates targeting with deterministic accuracy. 4INFO provides brand advertisers with full-funnel campaign analytics from engagement, to store visits, to enabling measurement of Return on Ad Spend based on actual sales transactions. Hundreds of brands have relied on 4INFO’s platform — including eight of the top 10 largest CPG companies, six of the 10 largest retailers, seven of the top 10 financial services companies, and the five largest auto manufacturers. 4INFO has powered more than 200 sales-lift measurement studies for national brands with impressive results, including ROAS averaging 256 percent and as high as 1000 percent. 4INFO is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., with offices in New York and Chicago. Learn more here.
Interested in joining the team? Send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com