In this role as Senior SysOps / DevOps Engineer, you will be a senior individual contributor as part of our energetic team deploying and supporting our high-bandwidth client-server web site. We drive releases and support Dev, QA and Data Science teams, supporting the development, testing and deployment of 4INFO’s next generation mobile audience targeting engine. Primary focus on remote administration of cloud and hosted environments.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with overall system administration of B2B and/or B2C high-volume websites. The candidate should be skilled in DevOps scripting and administration, and in remote Co-Located and Cloud-Based complex environments, with additional skills in high-volume multi-site networking and strong customer relation skills working with internal/external teams. This position will be part of a small but agile DevOps / SysOps team, reporting to the Sr. Director of Systems Operations who manages ALL Production, Dev, QA, Data Science systems and services, including all other internal systems and services.
What you will do:
• Maintain, deploy and monitor prod and other environments, while driving monitoring and performance improvements and furthering deployment automation goals.
• Work with Version Control, including SVN, Git, Ansible and Jenkins.
• Production Automation – Maintain and add to an automation environment, using proficient skills in Python or equivalent scripting languages. Work with our Deployment Automation in Ansible, Vagrant, Jenkins, Docker.
• Direct Development & QA Teams Support – As our developers improve CI/CD operations in Docker, you will maintain the Dev and QA Docker infrastructure, with direct engagement with the Developers. QA independently develops Jenkins automation with your support.
• Documentation – Maintain documentation/tickets regarding your own work. It is critical that all engineers can support each other's work.
• Proficient with CentOS and/or Ubuntu Linux
• Proficient with Virtual Machines & Hypervisors: ESXi, Xen, Azure, AWS and/or QEMU
• Experience with MySQL (or other DBs), backups and replication
• Experience with Monitoring – Nagios, NewRelic and/or Cacti
• Experience with Storage Tech – SAN, NFS, iSCSI – H/W: EMC and/or NetApp
• Experience with Security Tech – SSH-keys, public-certs, IPTables, firewall, Firewalls h/w: ASA
• Proficient with Networking – ipv4, VLANs, switches, routers, Load Balancers (e.g. F5, A10)
• Proficient in Python, BASH and/or equivalent scripting languages
• Proficient with Ansible, Vagrant, Jenkins, Docker and/or other deployment automation
• 4-year technical degree and/or equivalent technical experience
• Ability drive to Santa Clara CoLo, if needed
• Ability to quickly come up to speed on new technologies
• Have a passion for technology and gadgets, “leading edge” not “bleeding edge”
• Have a high level of energy, enthusiasm, intelligence, creativity, and adaptability
• Ability to take high-level objectives and deliver results with minimal supervision, navigating the challenges and prevailing over setbacks to deliver solid results on time
• Understand what "good communication" means and thrive alone or in a team, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
• Experience and Knowledge writing code with various scripting/programming languages – BASH, Perl, Awk, Python, Java and/or c++
• Experience with Microsoft or Open Office, Office365 and/or Google Docs
• Experience with F5 or equivalent Load Balancers, including iRules (or equivalent scripting of VIPs)
• Experience with Juniper, Cisco and/or equivalent firewalls and switches (L2 & L3)
Industry: Marketing and Advertising Technology
Employment type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Job function: Systems Administration (SysAdmin) & DevOps
Marketing and Advertising • 51-200 employees • Founded 2004 • Privately Held
4INFO enables national brand advertisers, publishers and technology companies to reach audiences across screens with unprecedented scale and accuracy. With its mobile-first, cross-screen platform, 4INFO matches people to devices to precisely target consumers across 500+ million screens and reaches 95 percent of all U.S. mobile app users. Unlike other platforms that attempt to link data to devices using probabilistic methods, 4INFO’s patented methodology facilitates targeting with deterministic accuracy. 4INFO provides brand advertisers with full-funnel campaign analytics from engagement, to store visits, to enabling measurement of Return on Ad Spend based on actual sales transactions. Hundreds of brands have relied on 4INFO’s platform — including eight of the top 10 largest CPG companies, six of the 10 largest retailers, seven of the top 10 financial services companies, and the five largest auto manufacturers. 4INFO has powered more than 200 sales-lift measurement studies for national brands with impressive results, including ROAS averaging 256 percent and as high as 1000 percent. 4INFO is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., with offices in New York and Chicago. Learn more here.
Interested in joining the team? Send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com